A completely novel product, Odacon® is best described as a highly efficient deodoriser for incontinence and human excrement.
Odacon® is non-flammable, water-based and non-irritant to the eyes and skin. It eliminates a common cause of urine smell by neutralising urine and faecal odours at source. The ammonia producing mechanism in fresh urine is inhibited by the product, which has a bacteriostatic action in addition to its ability to destroy urine and faecal odours. Odacon® is specifically designed for use in Aged Care and Hospital Environments.
Odacon® is an aqueous hypertonic solution with the power to exercise simultaneously and synergistically the following important and beneficial properties:
- Eliminate by direct reaction and other chemical mechanism the offensive odoriferous components of human excrement.
- Prevent the action of the enzyme urease which is responsible for the chemical splitting of urea and related excremental components which give rise to alkali (ammonia) promoted dermatitis.
- Provide for quick penetration of active constituents into solid excrement promoting rapid odour control action.
- Reduce the potentially untoward effect of human excrement on normal skin on prolonged, regular contact.
- Reduce the tendency of human excrement to stain fabrics and thus facilitate laundering and extend useful fabric life.
- By interference with metabolism, to rapidly inhibit microbiological as well as enzymatic processes normally present in excreta and urine, which contribute to offensive odour development and potential cross infection.
- Odacon® is free of solvents.